Understanding Political basics
The Arab Spring has shaken the seats of tyrants all over the Muslim world. However its not acceptable to call or demand for change without an alternative.
The nature of Islamic rule has become a matter of confusion amongst Muslims, many calling for it without an understanding of the very system laid down by Islam itself.
There are key points in regards to Islamic structure of governance but its important to understand that which Political Islam is not first.
The ruling system of Islam is fundamentally different from all other structures of ruling.
1. It is not a monarchical system nor does it approve of it. It does not allow the head of state to have anymore rights then the Ummah (Muslim People). Nor is the head of state a figure head or a symbol.
2. Nor is the Islamic system a republican system. The leadership of the state is not fixed for a specific period rather it is fixed for a specific manner. The Khaleefah is appointed by the Ummah based on certain conditions if any are broken he is subject to removal even if he has been in position a short period. The republican system limits the function of president, Islam imposes no restrictions on the khaleefah.
3. It is not an autocratic state, The khaleefah is bound by Lawful and unlawful as defined by Allah swt. He can not change this he is not a legislature, rather an executioner of Allah’s rule. In autocratic systems the ruler is both legislature and executor.
4. It is not an imperial system. All provinces of the Islamic state have the same law and ruling authority. It does not give center stage for one province over another and there is one budget for all provinces. Expenses for each province is not decided based on its own revenue but its own needs.
5. It is not a federal system, where its provinces are separate through their self-autonomy, and at the same time united through common ruling. It is a system of Unity where all the provinces are considered one country.
6. Islamic state is not a police state, Islam has forbidden torturing and harming people and spying on them.
“All of the things are inviolable for his brother in belief: his blood, his wealth and his honour” hadith narrated by Muslim on the authority of Abu Hurairah
7. Islam forbids spying on the citizens from the people of Dhimmah (non-Muslim subject of the state. ) They are equal to the Muslims in terms of dealings and being delt with fairly.
8. It is forbidden to set up intelligence services to spy on the Muslim and Non Muslim citizens of the state.
Islam is at odds with the Current political models, and is different to the Taliban or Arab ruling structures.
Islam is unique. Its structure and policies will be explored in later posts.
Ruling system in Islam, Taqiuddin an-Nabhanni
The Ummah’s Charter, The liberation Party